If you are interested in any of the positions listed below, please contact us here.
Software Support Technician
Do you have an interest in helping customers use software more effectively? Do you have a background in accounting and/or inventory management with the ability to provide customers with technical support? CMI Solutions, a leader in the Convenience Store industry is looking to add to our Software Customer Support team.
We are looking for an individual with strong technical skills and a passion for troubleshooting and customer service. Our Software Support Technician remotely troubleshoot both software and hardware issues with the software that CMI Solutions has installed in numerous locations across the US.
As a Software Support Technician you will troubleshoot accounting applications, point of sale interfaces and other interfaces with scanners and 3rd party applications. No problem is the same and no day is the same. You will be able to take pride in your work and be personally responsible for keeping our customers operations running smoothly.
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's Degree with strong computer skills including experience with accounting and inventory management. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Experience with Databases and convenience store or other retail or wholesale fuel software would be helpful.
- Experience in supporting equipment such as RF handhelds, barcode scanners, point of sales equipment is a plus.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Excellent troubleshooting abilities and analytical skills.
- Communication Skills - Ability to listen to a customer's description of an issue, question for specifics and effectively describe possible causes and corrections. Superior oral and written communication skills
- Customer Service - Excellent customer service skills. Remain positive and calm under pressure.
- Other - Must be a self-motivator, take initiative for tasks that they see need to be done, and be able to set a positive example for others at all times. This person must be able to demonstrate good judgment abilities.
- Facilitate positive proactive working relationships with customers and internal resources.
- Learn CMI developed software and become an expert to be able to effectively assist customers.
- Maintain a positive and calm demeanor at all times.
- Follow escalation processes.
- Track all customer issues and communicate to our customers in a timely manner the status of those outstanding issues.
- Demonstrate superior customer service.
- Assist in the Quality Control and Assurance functions as time permits.
- Capture data to analyze and recreate issues reported by customers.
- Communicate effectively and ensure all customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.